Your QA Committee has analyzed incident data and identified negative trends? Now what do you do?
Learn how to make data your friend for assisting in your quality improvement efforts!
QA committees have an array of data to assist in identifying negative trends but may not use this data effectively to assist in identifying root cause and initiate corrective interventions. This program was developed to share the secret sauce for using this data for success!
Effective analysis requires using data to determine trends, projections, and cause and effect that might not otherwise be evident. The measures or indicators you select should best represent the factors that lead to improved outcomes in care; improved customer, operational, and financial performance; and objective data to support claims of quality.
Join us on April 27 at 1:00 p.m. EDT to learn how to use the proper gathering and analysis of data and information to improve overall quality assurance.
The webinar will cover:
- The importance of identifying incident trends
- The keys to managing negative outcomes
- How to identify ways to decrease risk through effective root cause analysis
- Data can be your friend
Register today and claim your spot!
Meet the speakers:
- Angie Szumlinski – LNHA, RN-BC, RAC-CT, BS – Director – HealthCap RMS
- Erica Holman, LNHA, MSW – Senior Risk Manager – HealthCap RMS
- Susan Baity -- Business Development Manager at QA Reader